Environmental Policy Statement
Surespan Limited is an established and reputable company and is the market leader in innovative design and manufacture of roof hatches, access covers and ladders all built to order. This coupled with the ability to provide ceiling and wall panels and our maintenance free roof handrailing system, we pride ourselves on offering the complete ‘Access Package’.
Our company provides a full range of access covers for internal and external uses, ranging from 5kN/m ² to 158kN/m ² live loads, available in standard sizes or custom made for the individual needs.
Our products are made to a modern design and manufactured in a high-tech environment to close tolerances. The standard access covers are constructed with a strong aluminium extrusion frame and feature a special Gas Spring Assisted Balanced Action, making the opening and closing easy – and that means smoothly, efficiently and safely.
Surespan Limited believes that all aspects of its operations should be carried out in such a way as to have a positive impact on the environment. The company will control its activities in order to minimise any negative effect on the local and wider environment. In order to maintain these values, we are working towards establishing an environmental management system based on the requirements of ISO14001. This will provide the framework for setting and reviewing objectives and targets.
Surespan Limited is committed to:
- Continued environmental improvement by implementing business-specific environmental management systems and ensuring sufficient resources are made available to implement this policy;
- Prevention of pollution and monitoring and reducing any adverse impact of the company’s operations on the environment and local community, and taking appropriate opportunities to minimise waste and adhere to the waste hierarchy model wherever possible;
- Compliance with applicable environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other environmental standards of relevance to the industry in which we operate;
- Developing objectives supported by detailed targets, to manage all potentially significant environmental impacts resulting directly from our operations;
- Providing all employees with the information, instruction and training required for working effectively in caring for the environment and training needs pertinent to this policy will also be identified and appropriately managed; and
- Communicating to everyone working for or on behalf of the company the requirements of our environmental policy.