A masterclass in...
Specifying safe design principles: Smoke, access, fire & escape
Discover the key fundamentals
This RIBA-approved masterclass is aimed at providing a detailed understanding of safe realistic access solutions around a hatch, or when accessing areas within and externally around the building. It will also cover current regulations surrounding the use of natural smoke ventilation vents to be positioned on the roof, how they work, and design possibilities.
By the end of the masterclass, all attendees will have a greater understanding of:
- How to determine the correct roof hatch size to suit the intended usage
- Use of glass/glazed options on horizontal access solutions
- The fundamental design criteria and standards for the safe usage of fixed and retractable ladders
- The correct specification and use of standards for natural smoke ventilation vents
- Practical solutions for floor distinguish technical requirements
- How to liaise with the manufacturer in the early stages of the project to ensure design feasibility