Design Engineer / Draughtsperson
Surespan Ltd – Walsall
£20,000 – £30,000 / year
Full-time, permanent – Temporarily remote
Highly motivated design engineer / draughtsperson to produce fabrication drawings using Solidworks, develop new and improve existing products. You will be required to carry out calculations to substantiate your designs. You would be liaising with clients daily by both email and telephone, producing client approval drawings. Occasionally you may need to visit site to discuss client requirements and to complete site surveys. You will also be required to create BIM models using Revit however, training will be given for the right candidate.
- HNC, HND or Degree level in a manufacturing/mechanical discipline
- Minimum 3 years within a similar role in fabrication or engineering company
- Experience in Solidworks/Inventor/AutoCAD
- Have a strong interest in mechanical engineering
- Good team player as well as working on your own initiative
- Be passionate and take pride in your work
- Self-motivated and enjoy rising to a challenge
- Driving licence preferred
We are the market leader in the innovative design and manufacture of roof hatches, access covers and ladders. We pride ourselves on offering clients the complete ‘Access Package’ as we are also able to offer ceiling and wall panels, roof lights, floor ducting as well as low maintenance roof handrailing systems. Surespan provides a full range of access covers for internal and external uses, ranging from pedestrian loading up to 158kN/m2 loads.
End clients include Ferrari World (Abu Dhabi), Burj Khalifa (Dubai), National Oilwell Varco, Royal College of Music, Halley VI (Antarctica), Mega Reservoir Project (Qatar), Presidential Palace (UAE).
Based on Leamore Enterprise Park with free car parking we are about 3 miles from Walsall Town Centre and less than 1 mile from the nearest train station (Bloxwich).
Surespan offices are easily communtable from Walsall / Cannock / Wolverhamption / Dudley areas.